Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Khor Khai - An Egg


Let's start today with the second consonant of Thai letter, "Khor Khai" which means an egg or eggs. (as I told you yesterday that Thai language does not have singular or plural.) This refers to any eggs including all made-by-egg food.


We call hen's egg as "Khai Gai" and call duck's egg as "Khai Ped".


The yolk or the red part of an egg is called "Khai Daeng" and the white of an egg is called "Khai Khao"

Eggs are one of my can't-live-without food. So I decided to show you some of the most well-known egg menus in Thailand so that in case that you travel here, you can happily order some delicious egg menus easily.



"Khai Jiao" is my, I can tell you this, day-to-day food. I eat it almost everyday. Even when we, Thai, travel abroad, you may have noticed that this menu will be put on our tables.

Khai Jiao or omelet in Thailand does not look like your omelet and it's cooked in a different way too. Don't be surprised if you find Thai omelet looks different. It's delicious, I recommend you try one.

2 comments: